NOTES FOR CONTRIBUTORS
1. Articles not published or submitted for publication elsewhere are accepted either in Turkish or English.
2. Manuscripts should be typed on one side of a A4 sized paper and should not exceed 20, single spaced pages with the Times New Roman 11-font character size. Only e-mail posts are welcomed for article submissions.
3. The first page should include (i) the title of the article; (ii) the name(s) of the author(s); (iii) institutional affiliation(s) of the author(s); (iv) an abstract of not more than 100 words in both English and Turkish; (v) keywords; (vi) JEL codes. The name, address, e-mail address, phone and fax numbers, affiliated institution and position, and academically sphere of interest of the author(s) should be indicated on a separate page.
4. Tables, figures and graphs should be numbered consecutively and contain full references. The titles of the tables, figures and graphs should be placed at the heading of them; the references of tables, figures and graphs should be placed at the bottom of them. Decimals should be separated by a comma. Equations should be numbered consecutively. Equation numbers should appear in parentheses at the right margin. The full derivation of the formulae (if abridged in the text) should be provided on a separate sheet for referee use.
5. Footnotes should be placed at the bottom of the page.
6. All references should be cited in the text (not in footnotes), and conform to the following examples:
It has been argued (Alkin, 1982: 210-5)....
Griffin (1970a: 15-20) states....
(Gupta et.al., 1982: 286-7).
(Rivera-Batiz & Rivera-Batiz, 1989: 247-9; Dornbusch, 1980: 19-23).
7. References should appear at the end of the text as follows:
Books: Kenen, P.B. (1989), The International Economy, Englewood Cliffs, N.J.: Prentice-Hall, Inc.
Periodicals: Langeheine, B. & U. Weinstock (1985), "Graduate Integration", Journal of Common Market Studies, 23(3), 185-97.
Articles in edited books: Krugman, P. (1995), "The Move Toward Free Trade Zones", in P. King (ed.), International Economics and International Economic Policy: A Reader, New York: McGraw-Hill, Inc., 163-82.
Other sources: Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey (2003), Financial Stability, Press Release. March 24. Ankara, <http://www.tcmb.gov.tr>.
Chang, R. (1998), "The Asian Crisis", NBER Discussion Paper, 4470, National Bureau of Economic Research, Cambridge, Mass.
8. Cited web pages should exist at the References with their full address and certain cited date as follows:
............, <http://www.pegem.hacettepe.edu.tr/dergi.htm>, 18.12.2006.
Scientific, Refereed, Quarterly